For this recipe, you can either share with a friend or have it all to yourself! You have the option of making 2 ‘Bread Boats’ using 1 loaf of ciabatta bread, which means you can cut the amount of carbs you have for lunch by half! (Half the carbs means half the food coma, allowing for a little more study time :))
1 loaf Ciabatta bread
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp chipotle mayonnaise
¼ cup spinach
¼ cup sliced mushrooms
¼ cup red and green bell peppers, sliced
¼ cup diced tomatoes
¼ cup tofu
¼ cup mixed red onions and broccoli
¼ cup mixed mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- Take the top half of the ciabatta loaf and scoop out the fluffy bread. Don’t scoop out too much bread, otherwise it won’t be able to hold the ingredients that will be placed inside.
- Spread chipotle mayonnaise on the scooped-out slice. (If you don’t have this type of mayonnaise, you can use any other spread that you like.)
- Place the spinach in the scooped-out slice of bread. Sauté the mushrooms, bell peppers, red onions, broccoli, chopped tomatoes and tofu in a tablespoon of olive oil. Saute for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place all the vegetables in the scooped-out center, and sprinkle some mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top.
- For this recipe, you can either leave this as an open sandwich or use the other slice of bread to close the sandwich. One of your friends might grab the other slice from you anyway!
This is one of those indulgent foods, so I usually save this for a rainy or a cold day! I hope you like it! 🙂