I had the chance to create many different dishes this past summer, but this one is by far my favorite. I took advantage of what summer has to offer: Californian figs and nectarines, paired with balsamic glaze. The slightly tart balsamic glaze goes perfectly with the sweet figs and nectarines! This open-faced sandwich can be a quick snack or a light lunch for a busy day. Although it may look fancy, it is extremely easy to prepare. Please do yourself a favor and treat yourself.
Let this be a ‘toast’ to Summer 2015! Hope you all had an amazing one!
1 slice sourdough bread
1 tsp raspberry jam
1/3 cup arugula or mixed greens
1 small nectarine
2 tbsp herbed goat cheese
1/2 tsp Trader Joe’s balsamic glaze
1 sprigs of rosemary
1 sprig thyme
1/2 tsp butter
- Place a bit of butter on the bread and toast on an iron skillet. Remove from the skillet and spread raspberry jam on one side of the toast.
- Place arugula on the toast (the side with the raspberry jam.)
- Slice nectarine and warm up slices on a skillet on low heat for 3-5 minutes, turning them over frequently.
- Slice figs; place on toast along with the nectarine slices and goat cheese.
- Wash and dry the herbs and garnish on the bread.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze on top.