A creamy avocado smoothie is a perfect refresher for either the beginning or middle of your day. It functions as a morning-pick me up or a post-workout drink. The mango and banana sweetens the smoothie a bit, while the taste of the almond-coconut milk matches the good fats from the avocado. I’ve been trying to manipulate avocados lately to find other ways to use them besides traditional guacamole, it’s amazing how many different ways you can use them! I hope you enjoy this version! (Make sure your avocado has ripened slightly, so you can taste all of that healthy fat!)
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 dates
- 1/4 banana (you can add up to half a banana so it doesn’t overpower the smoothie. Also, the riper your banana is, the sweeter the smoothie will be.)
- 6 oz Califia Farms Almond-Coconut milk
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 tsp soaked chia seeds
- 1 tsp shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries and raspberries
- 2 strawberries, sliced (for decoration)
- Place the sliced strawberries and a few of the frozen berries along the sides of the glass (optional).
- Blend all ingredients except for the frozen berries and coconut. Top with the frozen berries and shredded coconut and enjoy!
Like getting creative with drinks? Check out these other recipes: